Just as the students at Lasell College pursue learning as a priority in their lives, Lasell Village residents are required to develop and satisfy a specified
learning plan as a condition of residency.
An academic dean oversees this unique living and learning program at the Village and encourages intergenerational learning activities for residents,
college students and faculty. Each Village building includes either a classroom, fitness facility, library or studio devoted to the integration of intellectual
growth, creative development, and physical wellness.
Residents complete a minimum of 450 hours of learning and fitness activity each calendar year. The diverse opportunities for satisfying the learning
requirement reflects Lasell College’s “connected learning” approach to education, which acknowledges that learning takes place both inside and outside
the classroom. There are many ways in which residents can fulfill the learning program requirements at Lasell Village.
· Participation in courses and educational events at Lasell Village
· Enrollment in courses at Lasell College
· Enrollment in courses at other educational institutions
· Mentoring Lasell College students or advising student groups or organizations
· Engaging in community service or volunteer activities
· Teaching or tutoring
· Travel study experiences through Elderhostel or other groups
· Activities in the arts and presentations of one’s own artistic work
· Physical fitness activities
· Independent study or research
· Continued employment